3.22.2010

{ Vintage magazines }

I have always loved collecting vintage magazines + thought I'd share some of my favorites. The imagery in them along with the old advertising is so cool, and it can be eerie how relevant some of the stories and features are still today. Some things, however, are not so relevant...cleaning baby bottles with DRAIN-O...being a 'smart smoker'...haha!

Ever since I came across "The July House" in a 1930 issue of Ladies' Home Companion, I've been smitten'. Our current house is from that same year, but if we ever decide to build, I will be sending in for those plans.













P.s. Does it get much better than the illustration for the Cleanliness Institute? I think not.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, love to look at and read about all things from by-gone times, and the July house really is a charmer! Thanks for sharing.

A fellow nostalgic buff

Anna Page said...

I agree. Old magazines are so fun to look through. Oh and I love the photo of those women with the eye glasses. I'm getting glasses soon and would love one like the ones those women were wearing.

Carly McCray Photography said...

Those glasses would be adorable on you Anna!