2.12.2010

Decorate your home with photography

At our house currently, we have zero items hung on the walls. I'm talking z-e-r-o...throughout the entire house. We are on the cusp of finishing painting nearly every existing surface, so there's at least a reason for the madness. It's actually been refreshing in a really odd way though. I have an entirely new color palette throughout, and about a half-million gallery frames to place wherever my heart desires!

I can't wait to start getting new and old photos up again to enjoy every day. Which brings me to your photos...any personal photos of yours...have you printed them lately? Or have you just been shooting, storing + forgetting them on your computer? Or Facebook?? People...Facebook is not going to be around to show your grandchildren. (Seriously, remember MySpace?) Print and display your photos!!! You will be so happy you did, I promise!

While waiting to redecorate our walls, I've been simultaneously working on a project putting all of our loose prints into albums...from the last seven years! Don't fall behind like me. I'm having a blast doing this, but I never want this to happen again. I'm working to be totally caught up before our babies arrive, since after that, I know we will have a new half-million photos to frame and put into albums (and about 2 minutes of spare time a day). And yes, I've got beautiful professional albums and many, many images from professional labs, but my point-and-shoot fun photos are equally important. And they deserve to be printed and enjoyed...not left to rot and collect dust on my hard drive.

If you're itching for ideas, { Pottery Barn } is always great and their gallery frames are my favorite. They're affordable, good quality + timeless. Love them. Start a fun winter project and make your home yours!




{Images: Pottery Barn}

0 Comments: